Shopping Centre Management
Our team at WHK Commercial Property offers a complete Supermarket and Shopping Centre Management service. Along with being well-versed in the fundamentals of Retail and Commercial Lease Legislation i.e. Retail Leases Act, our team employs specific Centre Management principals. These are matched with our normal investment and property management services detailed above, to ensure the success of each centre and supermarket under our management.
This may include:
- Common area maintenance including hazard identification such as adequate lighting, trip hazards, line marking etc. to minimise our clients' exposure to claims. Formal risk audits and assessments can be facilitated with our clients' specific insurance companies. These audits are proven to minimise insurance premiums
- Our team can ensure that adequate insurance is held and can facilitate insurance brokering with our many industry contacts
- Management of contractors to ensure that base building services are not compromised by any tenant fit-out or maintenance works. Our team uses fit-out guides and associated documents to ensure that tenants are aware of what is expected when carrying out all fit-out and maintenance works
* Monitoring and facilitation of annual fire safety measures to meet Australian Standards to ensure that tenant's specific measures meet Standards, are adequate and in-line with specific centre rules
- Collection and collating of supermarket and retail tenancy turnover figures, monitoring of the trading to provide adequate performance reporting for asset positioning
- Timely assessment of turnover figures so that turnover and base rent increase conditions stipulated in the lease are applied as quickly as possible
- Attendance to and facilitation of regular minuted meetings with tenants to esnure that all tenants are working together and in-line with specific centre rules
- Facilitation and monitoring of specific marketing duties, including centre promotional activities within the local communities - these take place in the event that tenants contribute to a common marketing fund and can help with the success of businesses located within the centres by increasing customer flow
Our team has experience in best practice for achieving a successful tenancy mix within Retail Centres, and a comprehensive retail database which is proven to minimise vacancy within our managed centres.